December 30, 2009

Doing it Dave's way

I'm sure by now everyone has heard of Dave Ramsey. Last year for Christmas my husband received Dave Ramsey's book "Financial Peace". Within the first month of reading his book Brandon had me on a very strict budget. I must say at times I would get so frustrated being on this budget because I no longer had the freedom to spend my money on whatever I wanted (not needed). I never realized how much money I was spending on things that didn't matter at all. So now here we are, one year later and the debt snowball is gone! I am proud to say that we are now debt free!!! I recommend this book to anyone who wants to free themselves of debt. It takes a lot of discipline but the contentment in the end is worth it! "Live like no one else now... so that you can live like no one else later" ~Dave Ramsey~

1 comment:

  1. What a cute couple you are. This is a great start for your married life. My hubby and I made the decision 35 years ago to live within our means and save, save money for our retirement. If you don't see the money you won't spend it. We didn't go without and we took one nice vacation a year. But we didn't stay at fancy hotels and/or fly to far away places. After years of working we were able to retire together two years ago so we could travel in the USA while we still have our health and aren't too old yet. I would encourage you to follow a debt free path too. Good Luck and thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete